Posted 2w ago by
Hello! My monstera has developed a yellow fungus or other yellow.. subtance that is growing. I have had this at my house before and the plants didn't fare well. What should I do?
Last watered 1 week ago
New Orleans, Louisiana
Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, aka "the little yellow houseplant mushroom" - very common, and just means you have a healthy soil ecology, as the mycelium in the soil helps provide nutrients to the plant. Not poisonous deadly but will give you a tummyache if you eat them.
I would remove the top layer of soil to get rid of any visible fungus or mold you can see.
Water it with a hydrogen peroxide mix of 3 parts water to 1 part HP and that should help kill off any spores hidden in the soil.
If the fungus comes right back after you clean it up and treat it you will need to repot it into fresh soil and rinse the roots in the peroxide mix.
I think I found a website that might help you:
. Happy growing , Welcome to the community!
See more content like this
Growing healthy plants can be intimidating, but you’re not in it alone. Get inspired from other Greg users!
Discover the Community
Unfurling leaves anyone?
hey #GregGang where's my #MonsteraMob???
Show me your favourite leaf!
how about a #MonsteraMob #Guttation appreciation post?
Got plant questions?
You can post plant care questions and share updates in our growing community. Download Greg to join us!
Get the App