Community

Posted 1Y ago by @SensuousCowvine

So I see this plant all the time and didn't know if the b...

#AmericanNightshade
2” pot
Last watered 1 year ago
Looked it up on Google and it says poisonous.
American Pokeweed is extremely poisonous when consumed. Pokeweed can cause nausea, vomiting, cramping, stomach pain, diarrhea, low blood pressure, difficulty controlling urination (incontinence), thirst, and other serious side effects.

With some people, simply touching the leaves or stem can cause an allergic reaction. @SensuousCowvine
Most aren’t edible 😬
Well, it depends if you’re planning on making a pie for someone you hate πŸ˜‚ (and wearing gloves in the process)!… πŸ€” Otherwise, I would avoid touching it.
Thanks for the advice!