Community

Posted 4w ago by @k8k8

Is this mushroom harmful to my plant? πŸ„
Just noticed this mushroom growing in my dracaena. I read that they can be a sign of overwatering, but I bottom water Dottie and she has good drainage. I guess the moss, which keeps the soil moist longer, could be why this little guy sprouted..? He's adorable and I'd love to keep him and give him a name, so long as he doesn't pose a threat to my plant. Any advice?
3” pot with drainage
Last watered 5 days ago
Best Answer
I don’t think the mushroom is harmful to your plant. Pull on the stem to remove it. There is probably extra moisture in the pot. A huge yellow mushroom popped up in one of my pots. None since. You can leave the mushroom if you like it. They do spread by spores.
I agree with @Pegster

(:
I agree with Pegster. The mushroom is harmless to your plant. If you decide to keep it, you could add a few fairy figurines πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ near the mushroom and create a little indoor whimsical forest garden.πŸ§šβ€β™‚οΈ πŸ™‚

See more content like this

Growing healthy plants can be intimidating, but you’re not in it alone. Get inspired from other Greg users!
Discover the Community