Prayer Plant | Callie

Cathedral Windows

6.0" pot
pot-drainage No drainage
🎂 Jul 26th
water@4x 23 Waters
snooze@4x 1 Snoozes
🔥 4x Streaks

Prayer Plant | Callie should be watered every 10 days and was last watered on Sunday May 7th.

#CathedralWindows Discussion

This Calathea continually gets spider mites. I treat, They seem to go away but then weeks later that sticky leaf is back! Any solutions you can recommend?

Millie has been a little cranky lately, with some overdramaticly bent leaves. I think she has been longing for some more space in her pot. I have been meaning to repot her, but haven't really had the right pot or energy to do it 🙈 But today was the day, even if it had to be just a nursery-plastic-container for now😅 I think she will be happier. 🪴 No splitting this year, so I am excited to see how big she will get. Lots of new leaves coming in, but I recon I did disturb some of them😅 She'll get a little haircut too in some days, to make room for new growt💪 and tidy out some of those winter-browns🌱 (Sorry for my english today, I am a little tired😅). #rootporn #adhdplantlovers #cathedralwindows #goeppertia #calatheacrew #newgrowth #happyplants #repotseason #calathea #plantaddict #plantsmakepeoplehappy

What is this sticky substance on the back of some of my leaves

Why are the edges all turning brown? What can I do?

Should I be concerned about Venus’ dead leaves in the pot or some of the browning leaves? How do I remedy? #CathedralWindows

Hi. Some of the lower leaves are curling up. The pot has good drainage. It gets some light indirect sunlight from a sky light. Any ideas? Thank you

Melody had to shift over from her favorite spot from the sun soo I got her a pot supported light (no base). #HappyPlants #PlantsMakePeopleHappy #PlantAddict #PlantTherapy #PLANTMAFIA #GregGang

Yikes, need to increase poor JoJo’s watering schedule I think! #GregGang #PlantAddict #PlantsMakePeopleHappy #PlantTherapy

#HappyPlants #NewGrowth #PlantsMakePeopleHappy Hi everyone! Sharing my story of my peacock plant/cathedral windows, Melody! I bought her approximately 3 months ago. She inspired my current collection. When I bought her, apparently she was infected with a fungus infection that was due to contaminated soil. It was a small batch still from a local shop. Reason I figured that out… My rubber plant suffered from the same issues. They both had insects and fungi infections. Soo, I cleaned her soil but ultimately the fungus was definitely too strong soo I repotted her. I made a mental error of putting black sand in her soil mix (was meant for another plant). She communicated to me this was bad by slowly drifting apart from damaged leaves due to being repotted and immediately turning yellow only one day later. Repotted her a third time 3am in the morning with the right mix. Recovers immediately, however, I tried to give her a boost by providing plant food. Soo this gave her nitrogen poisoning because it was too strong… yikes. Everyone tried to convince me it was the repotting situation and to let her struggle. To my keen eye, it was too intense and wilting too much. She showed all signs of being satisfied: praying at night, staying colorful, perfect texture(not soft nor crunchy). I get upset and prune the leaves… it was nitrogen poisoning because the stems were hollow! Gave her 2 gallons of water to flush it out. How did I know two gallons was enough? I have charcoal in her soil to keep trapped water clean. The water was coming out brown and didn’t stop until I saw clear water using a napkin to test. Two days later, she had new growth! #trusttheprocess

The plant that started my journey, Melody, has finally recovered. From contaminated soil, fungus infection, my personal error of adding black sand to her soil mix, and finally…. Nitrogen poisoning! The nitrogen poisoning was the scariest one. The liquid fertilizer I used to help her recover from the soil issues… was too strong and poisoned her. I had to pour 2 gallons of water in her soil to flush it out. I was super scared to even post her troubles because I knew it wasn’t watering, humidity, or lighting issues. Her stems were strong, she maintained her color, her leaves were moist, and she prayed as usual (indication of no water issues). Started trimming her, her stems were hollow where the leaves were wilting. That was the evidence needed to save her. It was difficult to cut soo many leaves but it was this care tip to trim her that saved her. Everyone told me just allow her to struggle due to the repot… But it was soo extreme I couldn’t ignore it. When you know your plant…You know your plant. Trust in yourselves Greggers! New leaves are coming in just 3 days after the flush!