Hoya Krimson Queen

pot-drainage No drainage
soil-type Regular
outdoor-plant Indoor
🎂 May 18th

Dax should be watered every 15 days and was last watered on Wednesday May 15th.

#Hoya Discussion

Got my first hoya ever 2 weeks ago and she is thriving! #hoya #crimsonqueenhoya #HappyPlants #HoyaKrimsonQueen

New Hoya Mom-Help!

Too much? Too little?

My hoya tri color is dropping leaves

My baby was slloooww growing for quite a while...today is her 3rd birthday at my house and she is finally really growing. She's got shy but lovely energy. โค๏ธ

What happened?

I took my Krimson Queen Hoya down to water today and I was so pleasantly greeted by her new growth! Not only do I have an all white leaf, we have multiple baby leaves of different colors and some pink stems. I wasnโ€™t around for #FreshLeafFriday but I just had to share. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฅฐ #Hoya #HoyaHeads #HoyaHangout #KrimsonQueen #HappyPlants #PlantsMakePeopleHappy #PlantAddict #NewGrowth #PlantTherapy #HangingPlants #HoyaKrimsonQueen

I just found 2 aphids on my new Hoya Krimson Queen๐Ÿ˜ฃ luckily I already had neem oil spray and sprayed down with water first. How long has it taken anyone to get rid of aphids on their Hoya? How often did you spray / did you use neem oil or anything else?

Sorry plant family I havenโ€™t been around, after a pain full surgery I now find myself in rehab Learning how to walk again. I donโ€™t know how my plants are doing my baby girl is at home taking care of them she said sheโ€™s doing a good job so I believe her canโ€™t wait to get back on my feet literally.๏ฟผ

My #Hoya has hardly grown at all in the 10 months since my mother in law gave us a cutting from her 49 (!!) year old plant. I was a houseplant newbie back then, and had put it in far too large a pot without drainage. Yesterday I downsized its pot size from 7" to 5" with drainage and changed the soil type to orchid bark with sphagnum moss and LECA. This should give its roots much better aeration. I cleaned the roots off as best as I could during the transplant by soaking them in a mixture of 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 9 parts water, and cut off any dead or rotting bits. Itโ€™s now nested in its old hanging pot, sitting on a couple pieces of cardboard within to boost it up, with some Spanish moss filling the gaps around the new 5โ€ pot. Itโ€™s location didnโ€™t get quite enough light, either, so I added a grow light. Fingers crossed this helps, and that I see some new growth in the coming months!